Sanford – Special Saturday service on SunRail, a pilot program by the Florida Department of Transportation, is being offered two more weekends in December; on the 10th and 17th, as a fun ride to shopping, holiday events and more. This special service is a privately funded initiative.
Each Saturday, SunRail service begins with the first train leaving southbound from the DeBary station at 1 p.m. The last northbound train leaves the Sand Lake Road station at 10:45 p.m. and arrives in DeBary at 11:48 p.m. Regular fares apply. Please visit www.sunrail.com to see the entire Saturday schedule.
SunRail urges riders to get to the stations at least 30 minutes early, especially if you are purchasing tickets at the vending machines located on the platforms. If you are making LYNX bus connections, please be advised LYNX Saturday service may differ from regular weekday service. Please check the Saturday schedule at: www.golynx.com. For more information about SunRail, including pricing, station locations, as well as the regular weekday schedule, please visit www.sunrail.com.
SunRail on Saturday Tips
SunRail collects fares on Saturday
• Arrive at the station platforms at least 30 minutes in advance of your train
• Remember to tap on and tap off with your ticket, so your trip will register
• Please check the SunRail schedule at www.sunrail.com to make sure you don’t miss your
• If you are using LYNX to make downtown or other connections, please check LYNX bus
schedules to see what time buses run: www.golynx.com
• No food is allowed on the train, nor is smoking allowed on the train and platforms
• Water, coffee and other non-alcoholic beverages are allowed, but only in secure, spill-proof
• Please be courteous to others, fold up strollers, store bikes properly as the trains may be
• Please be careful around trains, railroad crossings, and while at station platforms. Be smart.